MAHA is based at the Highgate Recreation Facility, located on the Gore Road in Highgate. On our website, you'll be able to get news, information, schedules, rosters, game results, directions and much much more. Check back frequently for the latest information about our club.
Essex Youth Hockey is hosting our first ever Street Hockey Tournament at Essex High School in downtown Essex. Sunday, August 9th.
EYHA is excited to bring hockey to the streets of Essex…and we want you to be there by forming a team and taking on challengers from all around Chittenden Country!
The tournament will be divided into separate age groups, weather you’re a kid in a beginner program or played through High School, we have a place for you. The day-long tournament will take place at the Essex Rink and the parking lot next to the track. Bring the family because we’ll have food, games, music and much more throughout the day.
Each team will be comprised of five players participating in 3-on-3 game play (three players & one goalie on the court at a time and one sub). EYHA will provide the nets, boards (Hay), and officials, while it is up to the teams to provide sticks and approved goalie equipment.
The competition will feature a round robin-style schedule, culminating in a single game elimination playoff. Teams will be placed in the following age groups: U8, 10U, 12U, 14U, U16, 18U. To ensure good competition and a manageable schedule, we may place a cap on the number of teams in each age group.
2015 SUMMER CLASSIC STREET HOCKEY TOURNAMENT INFO
1. It will be a 3 versus 3 street hockey tournament; each team may have up to 4 players and a goalie (5 players total) on their official roster. No double rostering!
2. After a team scores, the ball will be removed from the net to begin play again (no face-off). The team that was scored on must stand next to or behind their own net with the ball and wait for the referee to blow the whistle. This whistle will indicate the ball is “live.”
3. A five-foot “safe zone” is granted to the team who was scored on and is re-entering the ball into play.
4. Only two face-offs throughout the game; one to start each half.
5. If a ball leaves the playing surface, a new ball will be immediately thrown into the rink by the timekeeper and considered “live.”
6. 2-12 Minute Halves; with run clock. A time keeper will be situated at the center table.
7. No time outs for either team.
8. Players will change on the fly. No more than three players and a goalie are allowed on the surface at a time.
9. Most ice hockey penalties will be called; there will be a list of our penalties at the scorer’s table of each rink.
10. All penalties will be granted a penalty shot. The ball is “live” if a goal is not scored.
11. Fighting will not be tolerated. All Fights will result in an automatic tournament ejection.
12. There will be no icing or off-sides during this tournament.
13. Gloves & Helmets with a full face mask must be worn by all players. Otherwise it is up to the player to decide what he/she is comfortable wearing for other equipment. We’d advise knee pads, mouth guards.
14. Each player will need to sign a waiver to play in the tournament.
We will have on-line registration available soon. The registration per team is $125. We will provide an on-line option for registration and we will also have a PDF registration form that can be mailed into EYHA.
Each player will need a current 2015-2016 USA Hockey registration number. NOTE**If you do not play hockey or have a USA Hockey number, you can just fill out the below form to play in the tournament.
We will also need the below form filled out by each player, each player will need to check in prior to the first game and provide the below waiver of liability of release form.
Our online registration is now live....The registration Deadline is July 25th 2015. We expect this to fill up real fast. Please don't wait, build a team and register today! click the link to go to our online registration.
Below is the PDF registration form for those who want to mail in a check.
*Please note if you do not have a team, and want to play, please contact Mike Smith
and we will get you on a team.
Note the revised dates below for the Peewee B and Squirt A teams. MAHA has reserved the following tournaments next season at Jay Peak. Players, coaches, and schedulers please mark these tournament dates on your calendars:
Schwan’s Home Delivery offers over 350 delicious foods, flash-frozen at the peak of freshness and conveniently delivered to your door. Through Schwans-Cares.com, you can order from Schwan’s Home Delivery and help our organization meet its fundraising goals.
When you order by December 18, 2014, 20% of product and 40% of e-certificate sales will go back to the organization. In addition, Schwan’s will contribute 5% of all orders to our organization for the rest of the year!
Here are two ways to support us!
Enter Campaign Name or ID 16212 into the search box located in the upper right hand corner then click to open campaign.
Click the “Buy Now” button to purchase an eCertificate or “Shop Now” to place a product order.
Order by Phone:
and provide Campaign ID 16212 and Fundraising ID: 39177.